Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's day mani's! (pic heavy)

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone! I have two St. Patrick's day inspired manicures for you today. My family is Irish so of course we get into the whole wearing green, eating potatoes and corn beef hash thing on today- So I had incorporate some green nails into all the fun. The first mani I did last week was extremely simple. I painted 2 coats of Sally Hansex Xtreme wear in "Green with Envy" and then took a cosmetic sponge and using Sinful Colors in "Show Me the Way" sponged a gradient on the tip of the nail to darken it up and add some dimension. Finally, using a gold glitter with large and smaller sized pieces of glitter I just added that over the darker green gradient. One layer of top coat and that's all! I just loved the gold glitter, I don't usually name my manicures but I called this one my "Pot of Gold mani" because it just made me think of gold coins. Here are the results!


Here is a photo of products used

This week I've been sporting a green, white and gold holo glitter mani and I am in love with this one! I had so much fun creating it too! I used the same to green polishes as I did with the previous mani but added Orly "Green with Envy" (that's two polishes with the same name...wondering if the polish company's ran out of steam trying to name polishes?) and Orly's French Tip white polish in "White Tips''. After I did the marble and let it dry a few minutes I put one layer of Claire's Gold holo glitter top coat over the design, top coat and that was all.







And below is another photo of products used

                    I zoomed in for a blurry shot so you could better see the holo effect of the glitter
And a video of the gold holo-glittery goodness! Hope you guys enjoyed! What did you all do far St. Patty's day? If you did anything special for your nails or makeup I'd love to see pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment