Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thrift Store Deals!

So, my boyfriend and I went to a thrift store the other day and naturally, I gravitated towards the shoes. I almost immediately saw these Steve Maddens!

I got these for only $5! They had a ton of shoes in this place so I just kept on looking, hoping to find another steal and then, I saw them. I saw these AMAZING dark brown wooden heels with an orange strap with a buckle and gorgeous metal embellishment on the heels. I knew these shoes had to be mine. These were even less expensive than the Steven Maddens at just $3!

 These shoes are by a designer I have never heard of before, Jessica Bennett. There was something about these shoes that had a vintage feel to them and I was thinking that there was a good chance these shoes were made in the 70's. After I got home and did my research, I discovered I was quite wrong. These shoes were originally over $144! holy cow! These are not vintage shoes but high end designer shoes, and I got them for only three freaking dollars!  

I absolutely adore the metal detail on the heels, I am sure to be noticed when I wear these babies out. I wore them to work last night and I have to say that because they are made out of solid wood they are not something you want to wear all day, but they are fairly comfortable for a good amount of time. They do have some wear and tear but nothing that I don't think I can't solve with some wood stain...or I might just leave alone, I actually kind of like the worn look... as long as they don't get nicked too much worse anyway.

I am definitely going to be going to more thrift stores. It's amazing what you can find in these places, and yard sales too! You don't always have to buy direct from the designer or a department store to get great designer items, you just have to look hard enough sometimes and you might be in for a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment