Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Top 10 Favorite Fall Polishes


I LOVE fall! It's only about 33 days away (not that I'm counting or anything) and I am so excited about it! I love the colors of the leaves, the cooler weather, and Halloween is in fall and that's my favorite holiday. Everything about fall is just so magical to me, it just has this atmosphere about it that I love so much. So, I decided to celebrate the upcoming fall season by posting my top 10 favorite fall nail polishes. I'm one of those weird people that like to paint my nails according to what season I'm in (light/pastels in spring, brighter/neons in summer) and fall polishes to me are darker, more earthy type colors and those are my absolute favorite colors to wear! Just another fantastic reason to love fall! Below I have my favorite fall polishes listed in order from my least favorite (even though I am IN LOVE with all of these!) to my number one favorite!



Nina Pro in Salsa- I love this green. I don't think most people typically think of green for fall but to me, this just fits in with fall so well. It's dark and earth toned and if you layer it with a gold glitter it goes perfectly.



Nina Pro in Molten Gold- Another Nina Pro polish, but this one is a fabulous duo chrome that just screams fall leaves to me. I included 2 pics of the bottle just to show how is changes colors somewhat. It can look very golden then changes to a more bronzed polish with a pinky shimmer to it. This is one I will be wearing a lot this upcoming fall.


Orly in Glam Rock- Here is another bronzey polish. I do tend to lean towards bronzes a lot during the fall. They just go so well with fall and this polish can be used in 2 different ways. If some of you may remeber this polish came out with Orly's Metal Chic collection maybe around 2 years ago? The collection consisted of this and a gold and black polish that dried matte. Glam Rock is such a beautiful matte polish, but you can add a glossy top coat over it and it becomes this stunning sparkly bronze polish with bronzey glitter. I wish I had thought to take a photo of it with a glossy polish over it but, alas.


Zoya in Faye- This one is a very pretty and unique shade. It's hard to describe, it's kind of a purple/mauve with gold glitter. It makes me think of Thanksgiving dinner with candles on the table. Weird description, no? But that's why I love it for fall.



  
China Glaze in Ick-A-Body- This one came out with China Glaze's Halloween collection last year and I wore this one out when I first got it. I love Halloween so, so much and this is the ultimate Halloween polish to me. This is a black jelly base with orange glitter in it. You can put a glossy top coat over it and the orange glitter in it just sparkles like jewels, or you can put a matte top coat over it and the orange glitter transforms in what makes me think of glowing embers in a fire place. How fantastic is that for fall/Halloween?!?



Zoya in Rica- I love this beauty for fall because, once again the color makes me think of leaves changing color on trees.  It's a unique coral with golden shimmer to it. I know a lot of beauty bloggers were saying this was perfect for summer but it just seems more suitable for fall to me. I think in the fall I tend to stray away from shimmery polishes more, but this one fits in perfectly with the season to me. I also included 2 different photos of it swatched to show how multi-deminsional it can be. In some lights it's a darker coral, then in some lights it takes on a lighter golden peachy tone.



Zoya in Dree- This is from the latest Zoya collection, Smoke, from the Smoke and Mirrors collection. I just got this one in the mail the other day but as soon as I saw swatches of it online I knew I needed it pronto for fall-and I was right! I am in love with shade! I don't think many people are into olive greens but I adore the shade! This is so perfect in everyway, I had to paint my nails with it immediately when it came and I can't stop looking at my nails!

 


China Glaze in Zombie Zest- I think this polish is really better suited for Halloween than the fall season, but I love Halloween so much and this is THE ultimate Halloween polish! I mean it's called Zombie Zest and that's exactly what it looks like. It looks like slimy, murky, ucky zombie flesh with shimmer. It's one of the polishes that it's so ugly, it's pretty! I feel like the if a zombie breathed on me and his breath had a color, this is what it would look like, lol.

Orly in Galaxy Girl- This came out last year with Orly's fabulous Cosmic FX collection. That was the most amazing collection that has come out in years and this was my favorite from the whole line. I love the dark burgundy base and the teal shimmer. It makes me think of burgundy wine. I wear this one all the time throughout the year because I love it so much but it is perfect for fall. It would be the perfect polish to wear to a dinner or a party during the fall season and would look great on anybody. 



MAC in Dry Martini- This one came out a couple of years ago in a MAC collection that I can't remember the name to, but I thought I was going to have a stroke when I saw this at the counter. This is the most expensive bottle of polish I own but it was well worth the money. Obviously, I looooove olive toned polishes, and this is the king of olive polishes. You can't really tell from the swatch, but you can pick it up more in the bottle shot. It has this mixture of dirty brown and olive green. It is so unique and everything I want in an olive polish. I love this so much that I rarely wear it because it was limited edition and I have not found anything that is an exact dupe. But I am going to wear this one out this season. It is fall in polish form and that makes it absolutely perfect to me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment